What do you do when the story you’re telling customers through your copywriting isn’t clear? Or when perception of your brand and reality don’t match – especially when that gap is damaging your business? You need a Brand Story.
The client is always the expert but sometimes it takes an outsider to cut through the flim-flam, the politics and the subjectivity. Through a Brand Story process, I work with you to express the boldest, true things you can say about your brand, in a way that meets your customers’ needs.
A Brand Story:
- Tells the truth. It articulates who you are, what you offer your customers, where you are positioned and what makes you special.
- Incorporates the ‘quieter’ stories to support your overarching narrative.
- Pinpoints your tone of voice, ensuring the style of your copy expresses your brand personality and connects with the target audience.
- Forms the heart of all your copy, online and offline, reducing copywriting time and costs moving forwards.
- Additional tone of voice guidelines can keep all your communications consistent, no matter how many authors are involved.
By disseminating these messages through all your marketing communications, you CAN change internal and external perceptions of your brand to align them with the truth. This change takes time. It doesn’t replace tactical marketing campaigns; your brand story infuses everything you do.
I’ve written Brand Stories for companies and organisations in several sectors: FMCG /whisky, hi-tech, leadership development, design, and higher education.
Contact me to find out more.